MS-600: Building Applications and Solutions with Microsoft 365 Core Services
This course examines five central elements of Microsoft 365 platform: implementing Microsoft Identity, working with Microsoft Graph, extending and customizing SharePoint, extending Teams, and extending Office.
In this course, students will learn how to implement Microsoft Identity and work with Microsoft Graph. Students will also gain the knowledge on UI elements (including Adaptive Cards and UI Fabric), Integration Points (including Microsoft Teams, Office Add-ins, SharePoint Framework, Actionable Messages), and determining workload platform targets.
- In implementing Microsoft Identity, students will learn to implement Microsoft identity including registering an application, implanting authentication, configuring permissions to consume an API, and creating a service to access Microsoft Graph.
- In working with Microsoft Graph, students will learn how to access user data, explore query parameters, manage a group lifecycle, access files, and optimize network traffic using Microsoft Graph.
- In extending and customizing SharePoint, students will learn about SharePoint Framework web parts, extensions, and how to package and deploy a SPFx solution.
- In extending Teams, students will look at the components of a Teams App, work with webhooks, tabs, and conversational bots.
Implementation: Class, Online
Length: 4 days
Starting dates: 7.6.2023
Material: Microsoft English Material (MOC)
For application developers and IT professionals whose job role is to develop applications and solutions using the Microsoft 365 platform. For a person who wants to develop their application development skills for cloud services.
This course prepares you for the certification Exam MS-600: Building Applications and Solutions with Microsoft 365 Core Services to become a Microsoft 365 Certified: Developer Associate.
1-2 years’ experience as a developer. This course assumes students know how to code and have a basic understanding of REST APIs, JSON, OAuth2, OData, OpenID Connect, Microsoft identities including Azure AD and Microsoft accounts, Azure AD B2C, and permission/consent concepts.
It is recommended that students have some experience developing solutions on Microsoft Teams, Office Add-ins, or SharePoint Framework through all phases of software development.
Module 01: Implement Microsoft Identity
- Microsoft Identity platform.
- Register an Application.
- Implement Authentication.
- Configure Permissions to Consume an API.
- Implement Authorization to Consume an API.
- Create a Service to Access Microsoft Graph.
Module 02: Work with Microsoft Graph
- Overview of Microsoft Graph.
- Data usage with query parameters.
- Optimize network traffic.
- Access user data with Microsoft Graph.
- Access files with Microsoft Graph.
- Manage a group lifecycle on Microsoft Graph.
Module 03: Extend and Customize SharePoint
- SharePoint Framework web parts.
- SharePoint Framework extensions.
- Package and deploy a SPFx solution.
- Consumption of Microsoft Graph.
- Consumption of third-party APIs secured with Azure AD from within SPFx.
- Web Parts as Teams Tabs.
- Branding and theming in SharePoint.
Module 04: Extend Teams
- Microsoft Teams Apps.
- Webhooks in Microsoft Teams.
- Tabs in Microsoft Teams.
- Messaging extensions in Microsoft Teams.
- Conversational bots in Microsoft Teams.
Module 05: Extend Office
- Office Add-ins.
- Office JS APIs.
- Customization of Add-ins.
- Testing, debugging, and deployment options for Office Add-Ins.
- Actionable messages.