WS-013: Azure Stack HCI
This three-day course is intended primarily for IT Professionals who already have significant experience with managing an on-premises Windows Server environment.
Its purpose is to cover advanced topics related to Windows Server software-defined datacenter, Azure Stack HCI, and other Azure Stack products. The course also describes the use of existing Microsoft System Center products to implement and manage software-defined data centers with Windows Server 2019.
This course is advanced and is designed for people that want to run their virtual workloads on Windows Server at medium-to-large scale using software-defined datacenter and hyper-converged principles.
Implementation: Class, Online
Length: 3 days
Material: Microsoft English Material (MOC)
This course is for IT professionals who manage on-premises Windows Server environments and want to use Azure to manage server workloads and run their virtual workloads on Windows Server 2019. They also want to use existing Microsoft System Center products to implement and manage software-defined datacenters with Windows Server 2019.
The course provides skills for planning, implementing and managing Azure Stack HCI environment using Windows Server and Microsoft System Center.
- Intermediate experience with managing Windows Server operating systems and Windows Server virtualized workloads in on-premises scenarios
- Intermediate experience with common Windows Server management tools (implied by the first prerequisite)
- Intermediate knowledge of core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of Windows Server–based compute and storage high-availability technologies
- Basic experience with implementing and managing Infrastructure as a service (IaaS) services in Microsoft Azure
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory (Azure AD)
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft virtualization security-related technologies
- Intermediate knowledge of PowerShell scripting and PowerShell Desired State Configuration (DSC)
Module 1: Introducing Azure Stack HCI
- Overview of Azure Stack HCI
- Overview of Azure Stack HCI technologies
- Overview of Azure Stack HCI management tools
- Overview of the Azure Stack HCI hybrid capabilities
Module 2: Operating and maintaining Azure Stack HCI
- Implementing and managing workloads on Azure Stack HCI
- Maintaining Azure Stack HCI
Module 3: Planning for and implementing Azure Stack HCI storage
- Overview of Azure Stack HCI Storage core technologies
- Planning for Storage Spaces Direct in Azure Stack HCI
- Implementing a Storage Spaces Direct-based hyper-converged infrastructure
- Managing Storage Spaces Direct in Azure Stack HCI
- Planning for and implementing Storage QoS
- Planning for and implementing Storage Replica
Module 4: Planning for and implementing Azure Stack HCI networking
- Overview of Azure Stack HCI core networking technologies
- Overview of network virtualization and Software-Defined Networking
- Planning for and implementing Switch Embedded Teaming
- Planning for and implementing Datacenter Firewall
- Planning for and implementing Software Load Balancing
- Planning for and implementing RAS Gateways