AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure
This course teaches IT Professionals how to manage core Windows Server workloads and services using on-premises, hybrid, and cloud technologies. This course provides a comprehensive overview of the features involved in seamless collaboration between the on-Prem and the Azure cloud environments.
The course covers how to implement and manage on-premises and hybrid solutions such as identity, management, compute, configuration, networking, monitoring of services, and storage in a Windows Server hybrid environment.
Implementation: Class, Online
Length: 3 days
Starting dates: 18.4.2023
Material: Microsoft English Material (MOC)
The course is intended for IT professionals and Windows Server administrators who configure and manage Windows Server-based workloads in On-prem, cloud, and hybrid environments, or want to extend on-Prem environments to the cloud, or perform security, migration, monitoring, or troubleshooting related activities in hybrid environments.
This course prepares you for the certification exam AZ-800: Administering Windows Server Hybrid Core Infrastructure which is one of the two required exams (the other exam is AZ-801: Configuring Windows Server Hybrid Advanced Services) to obtain the Windows Server Hybrid Administrator Associate certificate.
The course provides intensive exercises, so you get valuable hands-on experience implementing hybrid solutions.
- Experience with managing Windows Server operating system and Windows Server workloads in on-premises scenarios, including AD DS, DNS, DFS, Hyper-V, and File and Storage Services.
- Experience with common Windows Server management tools (Admin Center, command line tools, PowerShell).
- Basic knowledge of core Microsoft compute, storage, networking, and virtualization technologies.
- Experience and an understanding of core networking technologies such as IP addressing, name resolution, and Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP).
- Experience working with and an understanding of Microsoft Hyper-V and basic server virtualization concepts
- Basic experience with implementing and managing IaaS services in Microsoft Azure.
- Basic knowledge of Azure Active Directory
- Experience working hands-on with Windows client operating systems such as Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- Basic experience with Windows PowerShell
Identity services in Windows Server
- Introduction to AD DS
- Manage AD DS domain controllers and FSMO roles
- Implement Group Policy Objects
- Manage advanced features of AD DS
Implementing identity in hybrid scenarios
- Implement hybrid identity with Windows Server
- Deploy and manage Azure IaaS Active Directory domain controllers in Azure
Windows Server administration
- Perform Windows Server secure administration
- Describe Windows Server administration tools
- Perform post-installation configuration of Windows Server
- Just Enough Administration in Windows Server
Facilitating hybrid management
- Administer and manage Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines remotely
- Manage hybrid workloads with Azure Arc
Hyper-V virtualization in Windows Server
- Configure and manage Hyper-V
- Configure and manage Hyper-V virtual machines
- Secure Hyper-V workloads
- Run containers on Windows Server
- Orchestrate containers on Windows Server using Kubernetes
Deploying and configuring Azure VMs
- Plan and deploy Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines
- Customize Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machine images
- Automate the configuration of Windows Server IaaS Virtual Machines
Network infrastructure services in Windows Server
- Deploy and manage DHCP
- Implement Windows Server DNS
- Implement IP Address Management
- Implement remote access
Implementing hybrid networking infrastructure
- Implement hybrid network infrastructure
- Implement DNS for Windows Server IaaS VMs
- Implement Windows Server IaaS VM IP addressing and routing
File servers and storage management in Windows Server
- Manage Windows Server file servers
- Implement Storage Spaces and Storage Spaces Direct
- Implement Windows Server Data Deduplication
- Implement Windows Server iSCSI
- Implement Windows Server Storage Replica
Implementing a hybrid file server infrastructure
- Overview of Azure file services
- Implementing Azure File Sync