20.3.2020 • Modern Work
How to communicate internally in crisis using Microsoft Teams
Whenever a critical event or a crisis arise, questions inevitably come up about how to most effectively address your workers.
In the midst of the crisis, workers’ need for information is at its highest. Internal crisis communication has many functions such as:
– to create an overall picture of the situation
– to provide adequate information
– to ensure the community’s operational and business continuity
– to maintain the relationship of trust between the management and employees
– to interact with management and employees on an ongoing basis.
If internal communication is not working properly, crisis can increase uncertainty, insecurity and loneliness. Right now, only effective communication reaches those who normally talk to acquaintances at workplace, cafes, or hobbies.
It is also important to maintain a good spirit and a strong community. Building and securing a working community is increasingly dependent on up-to-date communication.
Where can all this communication be done without face-to-face interactions?
Regardless of geography or industry, common challenges all organizations face when responding to crises are:
– how to share real-time information and
– how to provide a platform for remote employees and also those who don’t work with desktops?
With Microsoft Teams Crisis Communication App you can provide employees a single portal to help ensure they are equipped with recommendations from global health authorities, topical news and the latest information from government officials and experts.
In Teams, you can also share company specific content such as relevant contacts, company news and links to support channels to employees. Additionally, users can easily share their individual work status (such as working from home or out of the office) with their teams, and even automatically send help requests to a dedicated channel in Teams.
The app is easy to find in Teams and that can be used on the web, mobile or in Teams. You can use the app to push news and updates to your organization. The app includes ability to add RSS feeds of up-to-date information from reputable sources.
At Teams Crisis App you can for example
- Have pre-listed standard answers to employees how to answer customers frequently asked questions and clear instructions on how they should act.
- Share internal news
- Continuity plan updates and active operations on daily basis
- Keep support channels available (including those outside the company)
- Links to more information source
- Consistent messaging, communications and sharing of responsibilities.
Watch Vesa Nopanen’s demo about Teams Crisis Communication App. Sulava can help you to rollout Crisis App to your organization. Contact email@example.com
Watch the video – Crisis Communication using Microsoft Teams
How to move your meetings online using Microsoft Teams?
Do you have a meeting that was supposed to happen face to face and now you need to organize it or participate to it Online?
If Microsoft Teams is completely or relatively new to you, see the recording of Microsoft MVP Vesa Nopanen’s webinar full of tips, tricks and best practices!
Elise Passiniemi, Senior Consultant, has almost 15 years of experience in building user-oriented and usability-driven online services in various organizations. Her passion is modern working tools Teams and Yammer and how they can contribute to achieve organizational strategy and business goals.
Tuulia Halttunen. Senior Consultant. Tuulia has a strong background as a communications specialist, and she thinks that effective internal communication is the key to shine out to customers as well. She helps clients with developing internal communications and modern information work, communicating and implementing change and how to utilize Office 365, SharePoint and Teams.