15.12.2020 • Security
Happy and safe holidays, 12 things to remember
- Keep all phones, tablets, desktops, laptops, and servers up to date with latest OS, application, and security updates and patches.
- Enable find my device service for your Android, Windows, and iOS phone, tablet, and laptop in case they get stolen or you misplace them.
- Lock your device when you not using it.
- Use only known Wi-Fi networks. Familiar sounding name of the Wi-Fi network is not a sign of safe Wi-Fi.
- Use long, unique passwords on all your different accounts. Never use your work e-mail as account name outside your company: it takes only minutes to create private email accounts such as @gmail or @hotmail.
- Remember safety on the Internet and social media platforms: review your security setting, re-think what you share online and with whom.
- Pay close attention to the websites you shop on. Use only the ones you trust.
- Pay extra attention on your credit card payments.
- During and under the holidays, be extra careful with email or SMS-messages regarding shipping changes and delays. Always use official channels to check the status of your order.
- Not all holiday greeting cards are from the sender you think! Do not open e-holiday cards unless you are certain you can trust the sender.
- If it looks too good to be true – it most like is not true.
- In doubt, ask help from a friend, colleague, or seek help online.