AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies
This course covers security in the Azure environment and helps students to develop knowledge and skills needed to implement security controls, maintain an organization’s security posture, and identify and remediate security vulnerabilities.
The course includes security for identity and access, security configuration of the various Azure core services, data stored on Azure, and the security control of the environment and related services.
Implementation: Class, Online
Length: 4 days
Starting dates: 10.5.2023
Material: Microsoft English Material (MOC)
For individuals who want to get an understanding of or those who configure and maintain security in the Azure environment.
This course prepares you for the certification exam AZ-500: Microsoft Azure Security Technologies to obtain the Azure Security Engineer Associate certificate.
- Basics of managing Azure features, i.e., completing the course AZ-104 Microsoft Azure Administrator.
- Security best practices and industry security requirements such as defense in depth, least privileged access, role-based access control, multi-factor authentication, shared responsibility, and zero trust model.
- Familiar with security protocols such as Virtual Private Networks (VPN), Internet
- Security Protocol (IPSec), Secure Socket Layer (SSL), disk and data encryption methods.
- Familiar with PowerShell.
Module 1: Identity and Access
- Configure Azure Active Directory for Azure workloads and subscriptions
- Configure Azure AD Privileged Identity Management
- Configure security for an Azure subscription
Module 2: Platform Protection
- Understand cloud security
- Build a network
- Secure network
- Implement host security
- Implement platform security
- Implement subscription security
Module 3: Security Operations
- Configure security services
- Configure security policies by using Azure Security Center
- Manage security alerts
- Respond to and remediate security issues
- Create security baselines
Module 4: Data and applications
- Configure security policies to manage data
- Configure security for data infrastructure
- Configure encryption for data at rest
- Understand application security
- Implement security for application lifecycle
- Secure applications
- Configure and manage Azure Key Vault