AZ-220: Microsoft Azure IoT Developer
This course provides students with the skills and knowledge required to successfully create and maintain the cloud and edge portions of an Azure IoT solution.
The course includes full coverage of the core Azure IoT services such as IoT Hub, Device Provisioning Services, Azure Stream Analytics, Time Series Insights, and more.
In addition to the focus on Azure PaaS services, the course includes sections on IoT Edge, device management, monitoring and troubleshooting, security concerns, Azure Digital Twins, and Azure IoT Central.
Implementation: Class, Online
Length: 4 days
Starting dates: 16.5.2023
Material: Microsoft English Material (MOC)
For IT professionals and application developers who are responsible for the implementation and the coding required to create and maintain the cloud and edge portion of an IoT solution by using Azure IoT services.
For those who want to continue to develop their skills in terms of leveraging Azure IoT: implement designs for IoT solutions, including device topology, connectivity, debugging and security, Edge device scenarios, configuring device networking, design solutions to manage data pipelines, including monitoring and data transformation as it relates to IoT.
This course prepares you for the certification exam AZ-220: Microsoft Azure IoT Developer to obtain the Azure IoT Developer Specialty Certificate.
- Cloud Solution Awareness: Students should have experience using the Azure Portal and a basic understanding of PaaS, SaaS, and IaaS implementations.
- Software Development Experience: Software development experience is a prerequisite for this course, but no specific software language is required, and the experience does not need to be at a professional level.
- Data Processing Experience: General understanding of data storage and data processing.
- Experience writing code to handle authentication, authorization, and other security principles at the intermediate level.
- A general understanding of HTML, the HTTP protocol and REST API interfaces.
Module 1: Introduction to IoT and Azure IoT Services
- Business Opportunities for IoT
- Introduction to IoT Solution Architecture
- IoT Hardware and Cloud Services
- Lab Scenarios for this Course
Module 2: Devices and Device Communication
- IoT Hub and Devices
- IoT Developer Tools
- Device Configuration and Communication
Module 3: Device Provisioning at Scale
- Device Provisioning Service Terms and Concepts
- Configure and Manage the Device Provisioning Service
- Device Provisioning Tasks
Module 4: Message Processing and Analytics
- Messages and Message Processing
- Data Storage Options
- Azure Stream Analytics
Module 5: Insights and Business Integration
- Business Integration for IoT Solutions
- Data Visualization with Time Series Insights
- Data Visualization with Power BI
Module 6: Azure IoT Edge Deployment Process
- Introduction to Azure IoT Edge
- Edge Deployment Process
- Edge Gateway Devices
Module 7: Azure IoT Edge Modules and Containers
- Develop Custom Edge Modules
- Offline and Local Storage
Module 8: Device Management
- Introduction to IoT Device Management
- Manage IoT and IoT Edge Devices
- Device Management at Scale
Module 9: Solution Testing, Diagnostics, and Logging
- Monitoring and Logging
Module 10: Azure Security Center and IoT Security Considerations
- Security Fundamentals for IoT Solutions
- Introduction to Azure Security Center for IoT
- Enhance Protection with Azure Security Center for IoT Agents
Module 11: Build an IoT Solution with IoT Central
- Introduction to IoT Central
- Create and Manage Device Templates
- Manage Devices in Azure IoT Central