Best practices for Sulava Online- trainings
Best practices for online training participants have been collected in this guide. Both technical and learning issues has been taken into account in the guidance.
Remote learning requires advance preparation, focus and self-discipline in a completely different way than class-based learning. When participating remotely, make sure you have the tools needed to study and the opportunity to learn in peace, without distractions. Two monitors are recommended for read training instructions and perform exercises. To make online training as useful as possible, consider the following:
Information for Online participant
Book at advance:
- Calendar time for advance preparations for training, studying and for reviewing learning
- A space other than your workstation so you can focus and study on your peace
Make sure that:
- You have the required software for studying installed on your device
- The technology works
- You have information near to whom contact if you need help or have any problems with the technology
Please note that:
- You have the tools (including a headset and a second monitor)
- Read all the advance instructions and make the necessary preparations
- Print, book or prepare the required materials
- Clean up other things from your desktop, this will help you focus
Be on time at Teams, where the online training takes place. You can find the link in the course invitation. We recommend that you arrive about 10 minutes before the training starts so that we can test together that the technology works.
Make sure that:
- connections are working
- you can focus on training in peace and not disturb others (e.g. in the workplace)
- email and instant messaging
- cell phone and put it out of sight
In addition, please note that:
- Keep the microphone muted and open it when you want to ask something. Feel free to ask questions at any time. Questions can also be written to the chat box.
- Please be active as if you were in the classroom. Always ask if there is any doubt or there is something specific you want to know.
- Focus, don’t do anything else
- Take into account the technical delay
- Use breaks to allow you to re-energize yourself
- If you need to leave in the middle of the training, inform the instructor
- Perform any tasks that have been assigned to the course
- Learning outcomes improve considerably by reviewing things on your own, so take time to do that.
- Take advantage of what you have learned, there may be a new way of doing work
Other practical matters
If you need help with Teams during the course or you have problems with network connections etc, please send a message to Sulava IT / Olli Hakkarainen by phone +358 50 434 3040 or by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.