MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services
This course covers three central elements of Microsoft 365 enterprise administration – Microsoft 365 tenant and service management, Microsoft 365 management, and Microsoft 365 identity management.
The course begins with key components for planning, designing, creating, and configuring a tenant and continues with the implementation of management: organizational profile, tenant subscription options, component services, user accounts and licenses, and security groups, licensing, management rights and tools, tenant roles and managing your tenant health and services. You will examine the key components of Microsoft 365 management beginning with an overview of Microsoft 365 product functionality, including Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Microsoft Teams, Microsoft Power Platform, and device management. You will then transition to configuring Microsoft 365, with a primary focus on configuring Office client connectivity. Regarding services, we also go through models, operating methods, and tools for migrations.
The course concludes with a focus on identity implementation and issues related to identity management in Azure AD. You will learn how to plan for and implement Azure AD Connect, how to manage synchronized identities, and how to implement password management in Microsoft 365 using multi-factor authentication and self-service password management.
In addition to the lecture sections, the course includes hands-on practical exercises.
Implementation: Class, Online
Length: 4 days
Starting dates: 17.5.2023
Material: Microsoft English Material (MOC)
For those who manage and maintain identities and services in the Microsoft 365 environment, or for persons who are aspiring to the Microsoft 365 Enterprise Admin role and have completed one of the Microsoft 365 role-based administrator certification paths.
This course prepares you for the certification Exam MS-100: Microsoft 365 Identity and Services which is one of the two required exams (the other exam is MS-101: Microsoft 365 Mobility and Security) to obtain Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert.
Note that in addition to Exams MS-100 and MS-101, candidates must have at least one of the following five certificates to obtain the Enterprise Administrator Expert Certificate:
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Modern Desktop Administrator Associate – MD-100, MD-101
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Security Administrator Associate – MS-500
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Messaging Administrator Associate – MS-203
- Microsoft 365 Certified: Teams Administrator Associate – MS-700
- Microsoft Certified: Identity and Access Administrator Associate – SC-300
Full information for the Certificate: Microsoft 365 Certified: Enterprise Administrator Expert – Learn | Microsoft Docs
- Basic information about Windows servers and Active Directory
- A proficient understanding of DNS and basic functional experience with Microsoft 365 services.
- A proficient understanding of general IT practices.
Module 1: Designing Your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Planning Microsoft 365 in your On-premises Infrastructure
- Planning Your Identity and Authentication Solution
- Planning Your Service Setup
- Planning Your Hybrid Enviroment
- Planning Your Migration to Office 365
Module 2: Configuring Your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Planning Your Microsoft 365 Experience
- Configuring Your Microsoft 365 Experience
- Managing User Accounts and Licenses in Microsoft 365
- Managing Security Groups in Microsoft 365
- Implementing Your Domain Services
- Leveraging FastTrack and Partner Services
Module 3: Manage your Microsoft 365 tenant
- Configure administrative roles in Microsoft 365
- Manage tenant health and services in Microsoft 365
- Manage user-driven Microsoft 365 Apps for Enterprise deployments
- Implement Office Telemetry
- Implement Workplace Analytics
Module 4: Managing Your Microsoft 365 Tenant
- Configuring Tenant Roles
- Managing Tenant Health and Services
Module 5: Plan and implement identity synchronization
- Explore identity synchronization
- Plan for Azure AD Connect implementation
- Implement Azure AD Connect
- Manage synchronized identities
- Explore password management in Microsoft 365
Module 6: Office 365 Overview
- Implement applications in Azure AD
- Configure Azure AD Application Proxy
- Explore solutions for external access