MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops
In this three-day course, you’ll learn how to plan, implement, and manage an operating system deployment and applications using Microsoft Azure services.
Topics covered include Advanced Device Management, Azure Information Protection and Microsoft Defender for Endpoint, Microsoft Intune and Autopilot, Azure Active Directory, authentication, identities, access, compliance policies, device security, and application distributions.
Implementation: Class, Online
Length: 3 days
Starting dates: 15.5.2023
Material: Microsoft English Material (MOC)
The course is suitable for IT administrators who need expertise in managing operating system deployments and applications using Microsoft cloud technologies.
This course prepares you for the certification exam MD-101: Managing Modern Desktops which is one of the two required exams (the other exam is MD-100: Windows Client) to obtain the Modern Desktop Administrator Associate certificate.
- Be familiar with M365 workloads.
- Strong skills and experience of deploying, configuring, and maintaining Windows 10 and later, and non-Windows devices.
- Basics of application distribution.
- Basics of network technology.
- Microsoft’s cloud technologies, M365 and Endpoint manager product family.
- It is recommended students complete course MD-100: Windows Client, prior to taking this course.
Module 1: Explore modern management
- Examine the enterprise desktop
- Explore Azure Active Directory
- Manage identities in Azure Active Directory
Module 2: Implement device enrollment
- Manage device authentication
- Enroll devices using Microsoft Endpoint Configuration Manager
- Enroll devices using Microsoft Intune
Module 3: Configure user and device profiles
- Implement device profiles
- Monitor device profiles
- Manage user profiles
Module 4: Explore application management
- Implement mobile application management
- Deploy and update applications
- Administer applications
Module 5: Manage authentication and compliance
- Protect identities in Azure AD
- Enable organizational access
- Implement device compliance policies
- Generate inventory and compliance reports
Module 6: Manage Windows client security
- Implement device data protection
- Manage Microsoft Defender for Endpoint
- Manage Microsoft Defender in Windows client
Module 7: Deploy using on-premises based tools
- Assess deployment readiness
- Deploy using the Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- Deploy using Endpoint Configuration Manager
Module 8: Deploy using cloud based tools
- Deploy new devices
- Implement dynamic deployment methods
- Plan a transition to modern management
- Manage virtual desktops
Module 9: Manage updates and use analytics
- Update Windows client
- Update clients using Windows Update for Business
- Explore Desktop Analytics
- Explore Endpoint Analytics